Top 3 Durable Siding Materials for Your Home
Your house’s exterior is crucial to keeping your home comfortable. When it comes time to replace the siding, you have several options, including vinyl, fiber cement, and cellular composite.
If your existing siding is past its prime, APCO offers a range of quality siding products designed to improve your home’s energy efficiency while protecting it from moisture, mold, pests, and bacteria. Our siding styles include everything from board and batten to shake and shingle and Dutch lap.
The original replacement for wood siding, vinyl siding is affordable, durable, and easy to install.
It comes in an impressive variety of styles and colors, including ones resembling wood-grain, shingles, or stone. Maintenance is a breeze, too — routine cleaning with a hose and brush or cloth is all you need.
Fiber Cement Siding
Durable and versatile, fiber cement siding is highly regarded for its fire resistance. It’s made of cement and cellulose fibers compressed and formed into different siding products.
You can also get a longer-lasting paint job because fiber cement takes paint exceptionally well. Its moisture and rot resistance make it a terrific choice that’s made to last despite storms and flooding.
Cellular Composite Siding
Cellular composite siding is the right choice for you if you want an option that is quick to install, low-maintenance, and designed to last for years to come. It combines beauty and virtually zero maintenance while offering many advantages over other siding options.
Cellular composite siding:
- Looks great on both traditional and contemporary homes
- Has interlocking joints that guarantee a seamless surface
- Comes in a wide variety of stunning styles and colors, including wood grains
- Resists heat, cold, mold, and insects
- Doesn’t need caulking
- Can reduce energy consumption, insulating your home up to 70% more than wood siding
It’s easy to see why cellular composite is quickly becoming the siding product of choice for many homeowners.
Choose the Right Manufacturer
At APCO, we believe it’s important to offer our customers siding products that are built to last, visually appealing, and suited to their preferences, home design, and taste. That’s why we offer a diverse range of material options from top-name manufacturers.
- Celect® Cellular Composite Siding by Royal® is a superior composite siding product that reproduces the look and texture of deep-grained wood. Impervious to mold, mildew, and weather, its UV-resistant coating ensures it is long-lasting.
- Exterior Portfolio offers a complete collection of vinyl siding products that give your home outstanding curb appeal. Styles include board and batten, traditional siding, and shake and shingle siding.
- RMC Siding offers quality vinyl siding products engineered for easy installation and lasting performance. They meet all industry strength and wind resistance standards, assuring years of product integrity and satisfaction.
- James Hardie is the country’s most popular brand of siding, and their products are generations ahead of competitive fiber cement siding manufacturers. All James Hardie siding comes with a 30-year non-prorated warranty.
Partner With APCO for Your Siding Replacement
Quality siding protects your home from moisture, mold, bacteria, pests, and more. For over 60 years, APCO has been central Ohio’s leading exterior home improvement services provider, including our top-quality siding replacement services.
To learn more about your siding replacement options and request a free estimate, call us at (614) 254-5489 today or contact us online.