Composite Decking in Columbus, Ohio
Create a Timeless Outdoor Space With Composite Decking
A deck is the perfect place to get together with family and friends during the summer. From barbecues to birthday parties, every guest can enjoy the beautiful outdoors with the amenities of your home. But nothing puts a damper on the mood more than someone getting injured by a splinter from your wood deck. With composite decking, you’ll never have to worry about that! At APCO, we take pride in the fact that we provide Columbus homeowners with the best decking options on the market. Read on to find out why you should hire a deck builder to install a composite deck!
For a high-quality decking installation in Columbus, Ohio, that will last for many years, we recommend installing composite decking. Contact us online or call us at 614-254-5489 to learn more.
WHAT IS COMPOSITE DECKING?
You’ve probably seen your fair share of wood decks around Columbus. But if you saw a composite deck, would you be able to tell the difference? Composite boards are made up of wood and plastic. The wood particles can be anything from sawdust, wood chips, or wood fiber pieces, while the plastic components can be from recycled plastic materials. Because of the use of recycled or recovered materials in the manufacturing process, composite decks are considered more environmentally friendly than their wood predecessors.
BENEFITS OF COMPOSITE DECKS
At APCO, we want you to be satisfied with your new deck from the moment it’s built to 10 years down the road and beyond. By choosing composite decking for your Columbus, OH, backyard, you will experience the following benefits:
- Less maintenance – Wood cracks, molds, splinters, rots relatively quickly, and needs constant upkeep. With a composite deck, you can sit back and enjoy your composite deck.
- Long-lasting – Compared to wooden decks, a composite deck lasts much longer. Because it combines plastic and wood, it lasts longer in the sun, rain, and wind than traditional wooden decks.
- More durable – Composite decking is resistant to both pests and rotting. That’s not all — you can rest easy knowing that your deck is unlikely to fade like a traditional wood deck.
If you’re ready to install a composite deck in your backyard, give us a call at 614-254-5489!
COMPOSITE DECKING INSTALLATION
Have you been looking for a company to install a customized deck in your Columbus, OH, backyard? Look no further. Whether you’re a builder, contractor, or homeowner, give APCO a call or contact us online to get a free composite decking estimate. With the highest quality of products and our craftsmanship that comes from over 50 years in the business, your new deck from APCO will become your new favorite part of your home.
Contact us online to get started on building your dream composite deck in the Columbus, Ohio, area.
LOW MAINTENANCE OF COMPOSITE DECKING
Although composite decking has a slightly higher upfront cost than your traditional wood deck, you will save money over its life span. Unlike a wood deck, you will no longer need to schedule regular staining or sealing. While a wood porch or deck might be cheaper to build, it will continually cost the homeowner more money each season in maintenance and repairs. With composites, a little washing every now and again is all it needs.
CALL APCO FOR COMPOSITE DECKING IN COLUMBUS, OH
Does APCO offer dependable and high-quality composite decking installation in Columbus, OH? Absolutely! The team at APCO is pleased to offer composite decks to our clients. If you are a homeowner or builder in the Columbus, OH, area who’s looking for an easy-to-maintain outdoor living space, call us at 614-254-5489 or fill out our contact form. After all, we’re your trusted Columbus, OH, deck company.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is composite wood decking?
Composite decking is a man-made wood made from recycled wood and plastic. It’s infinitely customizable and can be created in any color, shape, or size. Instead of going to a landfill, things like sawdust, plastic milk jugs, or single-use shopping bags are mixed with pigments, UV inhibitors, and borate preservatives to create the boards for your long-lasting beautiful new deck. Textures, if desired, are embossed on each board before it cools. A 20-foot stretch of composite wood decking represents over 30 pounds of recyclables that won’t end up in a landfill. Not only is composite wood eco-friendly, it’s also sturdy and low-maintenance ― boards will never splinter, rot, or need staining.
What are the benefits of composite decking?
- Low maintenance –There’s no need to bleach or stain your wood every other year. All your composite deck needs is a simple scrubbing with soapy water and a soft-bristle brush to keep it looking its best.
- Longevity – Your composite deck will not rot or attract termites, it won’t warp, and it’s splinter-free for safe barefoot enjoyment.
- Less fading than wood – Composite boards will lighten slightly over the first two to three months in the sun. The color loss is slight, unlike wood, which completely grays over time.
- Longer boards, fewer joints – Composite boards can reach up to 20 feet, meaning your deck will have fewer unsightly joints than a natural wood deck.
- Eco-friendly materials – Every 10 square feet of composite decking prevents almost 3,000 plastic bags and 1,100 milk jugs from going to a landfill.
How long does composite decking last?
Manufacturers usually offer a 25-year or limited-lifetime warranty on structural integrity, and some warranties are even transferable between homeowners.
How much does a composite deck cost?
Most composite woods contain roughly the same base ingredients and functional qualities. The main differences are aesthetic. If you want a wide variety of color options and a high-grade wood appearance, the price goes up. More economical boards start around $4 per square foot, and premium products that mimic more expensive woods can cost up to $7 per square foot.
Ready to install a custom deck in Columbus? Reach out to the team at APCO today. Call us at 614-254-5489 or contact us through our website for a free consultation.