Best Front Doors for Your Home in Columbus, OH
Whether you’re replacing your current front door or putting a front door in a new home, you have an important choice to make about the best material to use. There is not necessarily a best type of door for any and all situations, but this can make the decision even more difficult. It is important to weigh the benefits of a view different door types before finalizing your decision.
Benefits of Fiberglass Entry Doors
Fiberglass can be made to mimic the appearance of many other door materials, including gorgeous wood, without any of the drawbacks. Wondering what fiberglass can offer your home? How about:
- Durability. Fiberglass doors are highly impact-resistant, offering a lot of protection against the elements and heavy storms we can experience in our area. This means choosing a fiberglass door will net you a gorgeous, functional door that is built to last for many, many years to come.
- Versatility. Fiberglass can be made to mimic other materials or can be created with unique aesthetic appearances. This means there’s a fiberglass door out there for any home style or home application.
- Immune to rot. Unlike wood doors, fiberglass is immune to pest invasion and deterioration due to rot.
- Energy-efficiency. You may not think about energy-efficiency when choosing your doors, but you should! Doors can account for as much as ten percent of energy-use in your home, which is why the insulation factor of a fiberglass door is exceptionally valuable.
- Low-maintenance. Aside from general cleaning, fiberglass demands essentially no maintenance from the homeowner.
- And more!
Benefits of Heavy Duty Steel Front Doors
Steel doors have become far more popular in recent years. The focus on home security has become a big one, and steel can offer you all you need while not sacrificing your aesthetics. Want to find out what a steel door can do for you? The benefits include:
- Exceptional durability. Steel doors are more than hardy enough to tackle anything you can think of. They are impact resistant, long-lived, and will serve your home well for years to come with little need for maintenance.
- Inexpensive. Steel doors cost less than fiberglass doors, making them a popular choice for many homeowners.
- Weatherproof doors. Steel doors block moisture intrusion and extreme weather. Additionally, they make for an excellent seal, helping to preserve heating and cooling efficiency in your home while also rejecting outdoor temperatures.
- Variety in design. They come in a wide array of designs and appearances, offering differences in color, shape, home style, and even more. That means no matter your preferences, rustic, colonial, anything—you’ll find the steel door to match.
- Appearance customization. Steel doors can easily be repainted without trouble, allowing you to touch-up what you already have, or to accommodate a change in your home’s appearance.
- No rot or corrosion. Wood doors can sometimes suffer from the effects of moisture intrusion, eventually leading to mold and rot. Steel doors, however, are virtually impervious to rot, and their coating prevents corrosion from occurring over the years.
THE BENEFITS OF VINYL DOORS
Vinyl is one of the most trusted and widely used door materials in nearly all modern homes. It can be made to look like pretty much anything, and its wide popularity has given rise to countless design iterations. Looking to learn the benefits of a vinyl door installation in Ohio? How about:
- Strength. Vinyl doors are rated to last for years and years with no interruptions in quality or visual appeal. This makes them an awesome and safe investment for your home.
- Excellent energy-efficiency. One of the biggest brags vinyl has to offer, both vinyl windows and doors resist thermal transfer and seal perfectly against outdoor air intrusion. It’s not a factor many consider, but the savings can actually be very significant.
- A wide array of options. Color, design, theme, even mimicking other material types—there’s a vinyl door that suits any home application, in or out.
- Immunity to the elements. No worries about rain, snow, or even heavy storms with a vinyl door! They’re very impact resistant and shrug off even the worst mother nature throws at them.
- Minimal maintenance requirements. Aside from a wipe down with a cloth to keep them looking fresh, you don’t really need to do much of anything at all to your vinyl doors. Paint them or don’t, it’s all in your hands, because the door itself will look gorgeous for years to come.
Choose APCO for Front Door Installation in Columbus, OH
APCO was founded over 50 years ago and has been a leading exterior contractor in the Columbus area ever since. We offer professional window installation services throughout Columbus and the surrounding areas. We know what separates an average job from a great looking project that will make both APCO and our customers proud.
APCO offers high-quality entry door installation throughout the following cities and their surrounding areas: Bexley, Columbus, Dublin, Gahanna, Grove City, Lewis Center, Pickerington, Powell, Reynoldsburg, Upper Arlington, and Westerville.
Contact the installation professionals at APCO to learn more about entry door installation or to schedule service today!