Wood Windows vs. Vinyl Windows
Looking for the best windows in Columbus, Ohio? We’ll walk you through some of the key differences between wood and vinyl windows.
Whether you’re replacing your current windows or putting windows in a new home, you have an important choice to make about what’s the best material for those windows. There’s not necessarily a best type of window for any and all situations, and this can make the decision even more difficult. It is important to weigh the benefits when doing a wood vs. vinyl window comparison, so you can decide which is the best choice for your particular situation.
Whether you need help comparing wood vs. vinyl windows for your new home, contact the experts at APCO today. We can help you decide which option is best for you. You can get in touch by calling 614-254-5489 or by contacting us online.
BENEFITS OF WOOD WINDOWS
With wood windows, you will experience the following benefits:
- Insulation – Real wood provides 400 times more insulation than steel window frames and 1,800 times as much as aluminum-frame windows. If you’re looking for an energy-efficient window option, then wood windows may be the choice for you.
- Structural Integrity – Wood’s natural cellulose and strong fibers can withstand years of weathering. You can expect your wood windows to have a longer lifespan than other window options.
- Versatility – Wood is a very versatile material. You can paint it or stain it to match your room’s décor or create a contrasting look. This will not only create a unique look, but it can prolong the wood’s lifespan by keeping it nourished with protective paints and oils!
- Beauty – As mentioned previously, wood can be transformed to match your home by painting or staining. But even without painting or staining, wood offers a unique and authentic beauty that no other type of window can provide.
If you think wood windows are the perfect fit for your Columbus, Ohio home or would like to chat more, contact us today!
BENEFITS OF VINYL WINDOWS
With vinyl windows, you will experience the following benefits:
- Inexpensive – Of all windows types, vinyl is the least expensive option—but don’t worry! It’s still extremely durable and won’t rust or corrode over the years.
- Maintenance-Free – They never have to be painted, scraped, or stained and they’re easily cleaned with soap and water. Not only that, but they’re resistant to the elements, which means they won’t age as fast as other windows.
- Reduced Energy Costs – Vinyl windows keep heat in during winter and out during summer. This reduces heating and air conditioning usage for lower energy bills.
- Increased Efficiency – APCO windows can surpass the ENERGY STAR© qualifications by over 30%. APCO vinyl windows are some of the most energy-efficient windows available.
- Variety – People like options, and with vinyl windows you have plenty of chances to customize them for your Columbus home!
- Curb Appeal – Our sloped sill mirrors our wood window design, allowing for no horizontal weep holes in the sill (because there are no water-trapping cavities). Sloped sills add an authentic look to windows, which in turn adds to the general curb appeal of your home.
If you think vinyl windows are the perfect fit for your Columbus, Ohio home, contact us today!
CHOOSING APCO FOR YOUR WINDOW INSTALLATION IN COLUMBUS, OHIO & THE SURROUNDING AREA
APCO was founded over 50 years ago and has been a leading exterior contractor in the Columbus area ever since. We offer professional window installation services throughout Columbus and the surrounding areas. We know what separates an average job from a great-looking project that will make both APCO and our customers proud.
APCO offers vinyl window installation throughout the following cities and their surrounding areas: Bexley, Columbus, Dublin, Gahanna, Grove City, Lewis Center, Pickerington, Powell, Reynoldsburg, Upper Arlington, and Westerville.
Ready to improve the efficiency in your home? Contact the installation professionals at APCO to learn more about how you can benefit from vinyl window installation in the Columbus area. Just call (614) 254-5489.