Window Buying Guide for Your Columbus Home
Looking to get some new windows in your home? If so, great! New windows are a great way to breathe some new life into the home and gain some good advantages in efficiency, too. But as the experts at APCO know it can be a bit hard to know how to get started. Where do you go? What do you look for?
Need a bit of help ensuring you get the ideal windows for your home? Because if so, boy did you come to the right place. As Columbus, Ohio’s leading window service professionals, we know all there is to know. And better yet, we love to share!
The Simple Window Buyer’s Guide for Columbus
Windows are a very, very diverse topic, and there is a considerable amount of ground to be covered. However, much of that comes when you pick your installation service, and tends to come much later in the whole process. For now, we’ll stick to the getting started phase, and where that’s concerned, there are really only two big things to know.
Big Step One: Form a Budget
We’re certainly not here to tell anyone how to spend money. But what we do feel confident in saying is that a budget is important. It’s really easy to either overspend, or short-change yourself. You want good, high-quality windows and you don’t want to bust a hole in your bank account to do it. But at the same time, you want windows that are going to serve you well, and last, too.
Make some calls, get quotes, and start planning a budget. We promise that it will serve you well in the coming decisions!
Big Step Two: Know What’s Available
There are a lot of window options out there. They’re all quite diverse, unique, and each window type offers different advantages both in function and visual appeal. Let’s do a basic rundown to give you an idea of what you might want to shoot for:
- Double hung windows – Double-hung windows use two operable sashes, meaning you can open them from the bottom or the top. They’re extremely easy to maintain, come in a variety of designs, and tend to last a very long time.
- Cottage style windows – Cottage-style is essentially a double-hung window, except the upper sash is a good bit smaller than the lower. This variation gives a little less function, but can make some bold design statements.
- Casement windows – Casements are hinged on a frame and operate most commonly with a crank. They’re one of the more energy-efficient options, and are great for homeowners looking for a lot of unobstructed natural light and a good view.
- Fixed lite and geometric shape windows – If you can think of a shape, you can have it. Geometric windows are an awesome way to really customize your space. Pick a size, pick a shape, you name it.
- Bay, bow, and garden windows – Bay and bow windows are very similar, bay windows tend to have three panes, bow tend to have four or more—both options give a lot of opening to a room, and can double as sitting or decorate spaces. Garden windows are essentially what you’d expect from the name, and are ideal for those with a green thumb.
- Fixed glass window walls – The term is quite literal. A wall of windows is the hands-down best way to meld indoor and outdoor into decor, and gives you massive amounts of clean, gorgeous natural light.
Ready to move forward and really get started on your window project? Contact APCO today!
Columbus Window Installation from APCO
APCO is driven to bring you the best products and the best installation service possible. We offer high quality window installation and service throughout the following cities and their surrounding areas: Bexley, Columbus, Dublin, Gahanna, Grove City, Lewis Center, Pickerington, Powell, Reynoldsburg, Upper Arlington, and Westerville.
For a FREE window installation quote or to schedule service, contact us today »
Sale Extended to 4/30/2017