Upgrade Your Home with High-Quality Siding
Whether you’re building a house or need to replace the siding of your current home, there are many factors to keep in mind. Choosing the optimal siding for your specific needs is crucial as it not only impacts your individual curb appeal but can also add to the overall value of the neighborhood! Siding makes up such a huge portion of your home’s exterior that you’ll need to think through the different advantages and features of each type of siding, taking into consideration aesthetics as well as durability before installation.
House Siding Options: Top Factors to Consider
Before you begin your siding installation project, write down a detailed list of what you’re looking for. Include personal stylistic preferences, maintenance requirements, budget, and even things like the climate of your location.
Texture, Color, & Styles of Siding
You’ll want to purchase a type of siding that complements your home’s existing architecture or keeps the exterior uniform in appearance. Many siding materials can be used to resemble wood grain, shingles, or stone, with the ability to meet a large range of color preferences. APCO offers plenty of attractive siding styles to help you achieve this, including:
- Straight lap siding: Any lap siding is designed to slightly overlap the siding panels, and typically features long, straight boards formed at a slight wedge.
- Dutch lap siding: Similar to straight lap, with a slight bevel and curvature.
- Board & batten: A hardy, rustic look using thicker, longer boards placed either vertically or horizontally and then lapped with smaller and thinner battens.
- Shake & shingle siding: Shakes are very durable and attractive, especially in farmhouse or cottage homes, and vinyl shakes offer a neutral and attractive modern home look.
- Soffit & fascia: Soffit and fascia are less a specific style and more of a way to improve function, energy efficiency, and unique visual design.
Maintenance & Durability of Siding Materials
Siding is one of the most important things you can do to improve your home’s appearance and protect it from the elements. Good siding material holds up in extreme weather conditions, such as high winds, thunderstorms, and hail. Certain materials are more beneficial for strengthening your home against rapid temperature changes, fire damage, mold, and more. Discover the most durable types of siding offered at APCO:
- Vinyl siding: Many homeowners choose vinyl siding due to its considerable longevity, simple maintenance needs, and low cost! Not only is it extremely affordable, but vinyl is also the easiest type of siding to install and clean. With lots of styles and colors available, customers have the option to pick a vinyl siding that resembles wood grain, shingles, or stone. Many modern vinyl siding options also carry insulation benefits, to regulate your home’s temperature more efficiently.
- Fiber cement siding: Discovered only within the last 30 years, fiber cement siding is made of compressed cement and cellulose (wood pulp) fibers for extra durability against the elements. The material is versatile and long-lasting, offering all the advantages and appeal of wood or stone siding with none of the drawbacks. Fiber cement siding is known to be stronger, making it highly resistant to rotting, pest infestations, and fires. We carry Hardie Plank by James Hardie, the most popular brand of fiber cement siding in America!
- Cellular composite siding: Cellular composite siding is made using a blend of recycled synthetic and organic materials for an environmentally friendly option. Great for both traditional and contemporary homes, cellular composite is a highly sustainable material. It requires virtually zero maintenance, comes in a wide array of colors and styles, and has interlocking joints that make seams harder to detect. It can mimic the appearance of wood, but not as well as fiber cement siding.
Contacting A Professional Siding Contractor
Installing siding for your house is a substantial project that requires the expertise of a seasoned professional. Siding contractors have the necessary tools and equipment, as well as extensive knowledge of siding materials, installation techniques, and aesthetic trends. By relying on the insight and workmanship of a siding installer, you’ll minimize errors, risk factors, and the need for costly repairs later on down the road. Ultimately, investing in a professional for your home’s siding project will give you the most precise, expert results for your peace of mind.
Boost Your Property’s Value With Superior Siding Installation By APCO
At APCO, we’ll make sure your home has the most durable, efficient, and attractive siding. With our top-of-the-line equipment, training and certifications, and satisfaction guarantee, our team will help you achieve a finished product that enhances your house and remains in-keeping with your home’s design and personal tastes. APCO delivers the most beautiful, reliable siding project results that you’ll love and enjoy for many years to come.
For more information about our siding materials or to get started on a new project, call 614-224-2345 or contact us online to get in touch with our siding specialists!